We are ready for another fantastic week together. There are always so many great opportunities ready for us! Please make sure to send snow gear and warm wear everyday. It is always exciting when we can head outside for recess. It is miserable to be stuck on the blacktop while your friends play in the snow.
Here is what is coming this week:
- Read aloud: What was the March on Washington. This is a non- fiction book that is helping us to start our study of non- fiction features.
- We will continue through a little more realistic fiction and then break into non fiction.We are really working on sticking with a book until it is finished!
- Your child should be reading 20 minutes a night. Keep checking in on those reading logs. We record books when we finish them rather then every night.
- All of our math groups are working on multiplication and division. Check in your child’s assignment book for more information and for upcoming ASSESSMENTS.
- Time Lines are taking us through the history of Michigan. Last week we began discussing the explorers who came to Michigan. We have been reading a realistic fiction book that introduces students to the history of Michigan chronologically. We are all enjoying Professor Tuesday and his time traveling. We will be exploring forts and trading posts this week.
- Magnets are “sticking” with us for a while. So far, we have explored how magnets attract and repel. This week we will explore what is attracted to magnets as well as how to sort items using a hypothesis.
- We have begun experimenting with electricity this week and will explore the connections that are between magnets and electricity.
Spelling (Word Study):
- Spelling tests as needed will be taken on Friday, There will be a vocabulary test Friday.