We have a great week just waiting for us! After a week of rest and relaxation (unless you ran around like a chicken, took a trip, or were just a parent of an awesome third grader), we are ready for the next 9 weeks. How can it be single digits?? How is this happening?? I’m NOT ready for this AT ALL!!
We have a lot of great third grade learning this week:
- Read aloud: new one!
- Biographies are our next big research and we have a project that will incorporate reading and writing. Ask your kiddos about this fun project on Monday.
- Your child should be reading 20 minutes a night. Reading daily helps your child to increase their reading ability!
- Fast fact quiz on Thursday.
- Regrouping in addition and subtraction.
- Everyone needs to be finished memorizing the 0-10 times tables!!!! We should be onto division!!!
- It is helpful to practice multiplication/ division facts each night even for a few quick moments. As we break into big multiplication, division, fractions and more math topics…multiplication/ division is VERY necessary!
Spelling (Word Study):
- New words this week. Last week we reassessed our spelling and groups. While part of the spelling for third grade is spelling words correctly in the weekly assessments, there is an even more important component. This component is utilizing the words in daily work with correct spelling. The transfer of spelling words and using spelling patterns is our goal. If yu have questions, please email me.