It was great to meet so many of you this week at curriculum night. I always appreciate getting to know the families that share their awesome kids. If I missed you, the information from this week was sent home in your child’s Alter Ego Folder. Email me if you have any questions.
Send in the summer reading log TOMORROW if you participated this summer :)
We have another great week ahead of us!!
Here is our Week…
- Read aloud: Brand new one on Monday!
- We are continuing to establish our reading workshop and revisiting our reading strategies. Your child should be reading 20 minutes a night. Keep checking in on those reading logs. We record books when we finish them rather then every night.
- We have begun our writer’s notebooks!
- More place value which will include multi digit addition and subtraction problems.
- Addition and Subtraction fast fact assessments.
- There will be a quick math assignment each night this week!
- Our class will be taking the NWEA math assessment in the computer lab this week.
- We will continue through our classroom team building this week as well as character building and team building.
- Our class is working on Map skills and where in the world Michigan is located.
Spelling (Word Study):
- Here it is!!
- First spelling test is this Friday 9/19!!
- All work will be completed and turned in on 9/26!