We have great projects and learning opportunities happening this week!
- Read aloud: A new one with Ms. Freedman!
- Your child should be reading 20 minutes a night. Keep checking in on those reading logs. We record books when we finish them rather then every night. . Please feel welcome to read with your kids or read to your kids.
- Our Biography projects are in full swing. This week we will continue writing our 5 paragraph essays and starting to design our desks. Ask your kiddo about their desk supplies and what they may still need!
- Our essays are AWESOME!
- Check in with your child. Each group has a few assessments coming up!
- We continue to move through Michigan history one era at a time. We have moved into Statehood and will continue through our states timeline.
- We will be studying a variety of cycles in science. I hope your kids told you about our newest habitat that is moving into our classroom. Its inhabitants should arrive on Monday or Tuesday.
We are continuing to use a one week cycle for the next several weeks. We have been focusing on not only spelling but also the part of speech and using the word properly.
- We will be testing The week of 5/ 18 and the week of 5/26. This surrounding Memorial Day and we are hopeful that you can have your children at school. Please check with me on specific times if you need that information. This information will be added along with practice sites if you wish to use them.