We have another great week crammed full of learning! Don’t forget this Friday is a half day. Enjoy a fun afternoon with your sweet kiddo
Here is our week…
- Read aloud: Last few pages of Powerless and a NEW book!
- March is Reading Month is underway… ARRGGG!
- Your child should be reading 20 minutes a night. Reading daily helps your child to increase their reading ability! This is perfect to help with those Battle of the Books!
- In writing we are working on non fiction writing. This includes writing from our own knowledge and experience. When this project is finished, we will have a complete book!
- Math test this Thursday on the concepts below. Fast fact quiz on Friday.
- Time: We are working on telling time on an analog clock. We are also working on elapsed time. This is proving tricky!!
- Measurement! We are talking about the difference between Standard/ US Customary measurement and the Metric System. This is in all measuring areas.
- Graphing: We will be doing A LOT of work on line plots this week!
- Everyone needs to be finished memorizing the 0-10 times tables!!!! We should be onto division!!!
- It is helpful to practice multiplication/ division facts each night even for a few quick moments. As we break into big multiplication, division, fractions and more math topics…multiplication/ division is VERY necessary!
- Michigan is our theme for the whole year.
- We have been working on Native Americans and will be working on a project around the 3 Fires. Our research and slides will be displayed at conferences.
- We have a last experiment or two to complete our unit on Magnets and Electricity. This unit has provided for tons of hands on delving. It is great fun to see how third grade brains work!
Spelling (Word Study):
- New words this week.
- Test on Friday.
- Words, tests and homework will happen on a one week rotation. Lesson Monday, practice at home and school through Friday. Homework is due to school on Friday which will be test day!