Can you believe it is already Spring Break next week? We have been working, learning and having so much fun! Please read below for a few changes to our week. Please also notice that our MSTEP dates are below. There is more information coming on this.
- Read aloud: Mystery on Mackinaw Island
- The Battle was fantastic. A huge thanks to the many families that were able to help out on Battle Day!
- We are exploring non- fiction features and their many uses.
- Your child should be reading 20 minutes a night. Keep checking in on those reading logs. We record books when we finish them rather then every night. Battle journaling and reading do count towards this. Please feel welcome to read with your kids or read to your kids.
- Our Biography projects are in full swing. By the end of this week, your child should not only have their three resources, but should have read them. We will be working daily to read these resources and find important details. We are working together on note taking skills. This includes creating a timeline and using sticky notes to jot important bits of information. Your children are welcome to bring their resources home, however, please do not “help” your child by removing anything from their binder. Each student has a packet in their binder that has the project outline.
- We have had some variation in our math times. Because we have been taking the NWEA, some of our math times have been adjusted or cancelled. Please check in with your child since each math group varies in daily assignments.
- We continue to move through Michigan history one era at a time. We have moved into Statehood and will continue through our states timeline.
- After break we will begin our next unit in Science. We will be studying a variety of cycles.
There will not be a new list of words this week.
- We will be testing The week of 5/ 18 and the week of 5/26. This surrounding Memorial Day and we are hopeful that you can have your children at school. Please check with me on specific times if you need that information. This information will be added along with practice sites if you wish to use them.