Blogging: Why Bother?

Image: Kristina B

Happy, Happy New Year!

As we look forward to the new year, it’s exciting to imagine how our explorations and learning will take shape over the next 6 months.  What goals will you set for yourself as learners? As collaborators? As connectors of people and ideas?

One blogger from whom I’ve learned and connected a great deal is Silvia Tolisano.  She recently wrote about Teachers learning to blog FOR their students.  An excerpt from her post reads:

There are literally millions of blogs out there:

• some of very poor quality
  • some with topics that hold no interest to you
  • some written in a voice that doesn’t keep your attention
  • some written so well that you can’t believe you get to read them for free
  • some that will change the way you view the world forever
  • some from which you will learn everytime you just think about them :)

As you prepare to begin blogging about your own learning journey, take a moment to consider the work of the student bloggers linked below.  As you read each one, be aware of your own thinking and learning…

• Note the quality of each blog and the age of each author.
  • Do the topics interest you?
  • Does the writer use a voice that keeps your attention?  Or makes you wish there were more to read/see/hear?
  • What different modes of communication do the authors use (images, text, audio, video, other…)?
  • How do the authors invite you into their conversation?
  • What else do you notice about these blogs?

Student Blogs:

1. Jake’s Online Journal
  2. Jarrod’s Awesome Blog 
  3. Miriam’s Magical Moments
  4. Gemma’s Blog
  5. *Jaden’s Awesome Blog

*Jaden invites fellow student bloggers to join his “Ultimate Blogging Challenge”, a spin off of the Edublogs Student Blogging Challenge.  Read his post carefully…what could be gained from a Challenge with no “prize”?

As a comment to this post, please share the following:
  1. What do you like about the “writing”? Style, modes of communication, content, length of posts, language, author’s voice, resources, something else?
  2. Is there anything you might try to avoid as a blog “writer”?
  3. What 5 “tips” will you take from these blogs and use as you build your own blog
  4. How might using your Wonder topic help you get started as a blogger?

42 thoughts on “Blogging: Why Bother?

1. 1. What I liked about the writing: I like how they try to catch your attention. Most of them used a lot of words & pictures combination. They had a lot of words and then a picture, or two with it to keep you hooked and to give you something to visualize. Two had videos but I couldn’t get all of them to play on my device.

2. As a blog writer, I will try to avoid to putting personal information on it and try not to make the words so colorful that they’re distracting. I will try to make it interesting enough that people do not want to leave but not too catchy that they my posts get too busy or distracting. I will set my goal to try and get one of the best student blogs of 2012.

3. Tips I took from these blogs:
    1. Try to make it catchy, but not too catchy
    2. I will put some pictures with it so readers will not get board with just words
    3. I will put some color in it (like in the titles and sub-titles) but keep a good balance
    4. I will add all of my resources with every piece of information I get
    5. I will put things that I get from websites in my own words so it will not be confusing

4. I will use my Wonder topic to start my blog because I already have information on that topic that I can take from my learning journal. I can also use it to help me because our question is something we are interested in so we will like to start it and share some of our answers with the world.

Matthew W.

2. What do you like about the “writing”? Style, modes of communication, content, length of posts, language, author’s voice, resources, something else?

I liked the language used in the blogs because it is easy to understand. The blogs explained very clearly what they wanted to say and there were not a lot of spelling and grammar problems.

Is there anything you might try to avoid as a blog “writer”?

I might try to avoid putting advertisements and any websites I do not trust. I also might try to avoid talking to people who I do not know because there information might not be very true.

What 5 “tips” will you take from these blogs and use as you build your own blog

1. Only use information about your wonder.
    2. Make it easy to understand.
    3. Keep your blog clean which means put 1 topic in different spot than another one.
    4. I will sight my sources for all information.
    5. Put things I find in my own words that I can understand.

How might using your Wonder topic help you get started as a blogger?

My wonder topic will help me get started because I already have info on my Learning Journal and I can just put that on my blog.

3. 1. writing is easyer on the auther because you may be writing something big.

2. writing profan langwig.

3. crafty

fun

on toipc

egcating

4. you can drag the reeder in.

4. The Questions
    Q:What do you like about the “writing”? Style, modes of communication, content, length of posts, language, author’s voice, resources, something else?
    A:I like that the Authors have there own style. I also like that they tell a little about theselves.

Q:Is there anything you might try to avoid as a blog “writer”?
    A: I am going to try to aviod using any last names of people or any very personal information.

Q:What 5 “tips” will you take from these blogs and use as you build your own blog
    A: Some tips that I will use are making sure that when i post I post in complete deatail. I will also make sure that what I write makes sence to my reader.

Hannah

Q:How might using your Wonder topic help you get started as a blogger?

5. 1.What do you like about the “writing”? Style, modes of communication, content, length of posts, language, author’s voice, resources, something else?
    -I liked how Miriam organized her blog. It was easy to read and it WAS VERY ORGANIZED!

2.Is there anything you might try to avoid as a blog “writer”?
    -Lots of distracting photos, unimportant information, and using ads.

3.What 5 “tips” will you take from these blogs and use as you build your own blog?
    1. Organize well
    2. Avoid unessecary and completley dumb stuff
    3. Use interesting information
    4. Titles are key to gathering followers
    5. Don’t talk about the latest fashions when you are supposed to be talking about your life

4.How might using your Wonder topic help you get started as a blogger?
    -Say why I am interested in what I am

6. 1. I really liked how jake wrote. It was always in a controlled tone and written very well. He was also very nice by recognizing the first and second place people in the blogs challenge. He also congratulated the 4th and 5th place blogs. The lengths of his posts were just right. He also has good content.

2. There are some things that I would try to avoid as a blog writer. I actually disliked Jadens blog the most. His posts were not easy to find. I also did not like his style. I will make sure it is in a good tone. I will also make sure everything is spelled correctly and in the right wording.

3. The five tips that I will take for my blog are
    1. Always being in a good mood about things.
    2. I will make sure not to put boring info in my blog.
    3.I will make sure to put a resources section at the bottom of each post.
    4.I will make sure not to make anything cheesy.
    5.I will make sure to explain thouroughly.

4. I will use my wonder to start out my blog by basing comments on it. I also am interested in it so it will be easy to begin. I think that using my wonder would be a good idea.

• I am replying to MSB2. I like how he talked about the blog he visited in good detail. The things that he avoids as a blogger are very considerable and good to use. It is good that he uses his wonder as the main writing base for his blog. I like his blogging tips, they are very good ideas for making a blog.

7. 1. What do you like about the “writing”? Style, modes of communication, content, length of posts, language, author’s voice, resources, something else?

I kind of like it. What I like about it is they put some of their school work on it.

I want to avoid my personal information. People shouldn’t put down their last name, thier phone number, their address, etc. Anybody can view your blog. They can figure out all of your personal information.

The five tips I learned from their blogs are:
    1. Don’t have bad grammar
    2. Capitalize
    3. Make your writing understandable and not boring
    4. Make sure your your story makes sense
    5. Don’t put any personal information in your entry

Using my Wonder topic will help me get started because I have something to put on my blog. I can maybe even put my information on the Wiki and the my blog.

8. 1.What do you like about the “writing”? Style, modes of communication, content, length of posts, language, author’s voice, resources, something else?
    I liked Gemma’s eye-catching titles, but they the posts were a little outdated (she hasn’t posted since summer)The posts were off-topic. She is in 6th grade.
    Filling my space with uselessness!
    1Engage my reader with interactable activities.
    2Add eye-catching titles.
    3Only add INTERESTING information
    4Include all kinds of things(such as recordings, recipes, text, photos, data tables, etc.)
    5MAKE SURE MY INFORMATION IS CREDIBLE
    It would get people interested.

9. As I was looking at the blogs I saw that they all had one or more videos on there blog. I wonder if there teachers made them. I also saw where about Christmas. Others about vacations. When I was reading a couple of one kids blog I saw that the writing was O.K. So I wondered how old the kid was. I found out he was in third grade, so then everything made sense then. Another blog I looked at I saw thast it was pretty cheesy. It had wierd pictures and was a not good looking. Once I started reading though I relized the content was pretty good. Last, I saw that the titles were O.K. All I have to say is these kids need to work on there blogs a little and that my blog will be really good.

Bella

10. I read Gemma’s blog. She’s a 6 year and from Britain (we think), she loves Glee, and has a dog and two cats.

1. About Gemma’s writing styles, I liked all of her vibrate colors and her fun side icons. I also liked hearing about her life because, I am pretty sure that she doesn’t live in the U.S. I also liked all her videos and her school work. I liked her colors but, thought them at times a little to bright. I also thought that a colored background would be nicer for all her color needs.

2. I might try to avoid writing in all color and maybe just have a fun background that describes me. I also might avoid all the banners.

3. I will take the ‘tip’ of using different font sizes to show my point or make headings. Also I would like to take the tip of making my blog really mine. Personalizing it with my favorite topics or even activities. Another ‘tip’ I will take is using color to make it interesting but, not to flashy. I also like the idea of making lists of my favorite things and maybe even taking some challenges.

4. I might post topics or further research and then have them comment on or even help me further my thinking which would help me validate or get better information.
    ECL2

11. What I liked about the blogs is that they are descriptive about what they did and the kids are very passionite about what they post and right. LIke, Gammie was very happy and exited when school was out. Although, they were a little too open. They posted pictures of there faces and of there family. other than that, good job.

12. 1.What do you like about the “writing”? Style, modes of communication, content, length of posts, language, author’s voice, resources, something else? I like how he used video pictures and words to discribe.

2.Is there anything you might try to avoid as a blog “writer”? I would avoid using words that people my age and older may not know what it means.

3.What 5 “tips” will you take from these blogs and use as you build your own blog? I would put the people that I follow on my blog. Put questions on the blog.I would put videos on the blog. I would put videos on the blog. And any thing else I can find for my blog.

4.How might using your Wonder topic help you get started as a blogger? It would have the people that are following you know what you are doing at school or on your free time.

Blake L.

13. Jakes online journal is very good. The quality of the blog is very good and it starts with the topic and then starts to tell details. He always finishes his idea and does not cut of the idea he does his post completely. when i start bloging i make sure not to make mine to long and boring or to short with no details. the writing is not so confusing that i don’t know what I’m reading also to keep it simple and easy.

14. Jake

A: I liked that he had every thing organized

A: Not organizing

Q:What 5 “tips” will you take from these blogs and use as you build your own blog?

A: 1.Organized
    2.Stay on Topic
    3.Keep reader interested
    4.Complete sentences
    5.No errors in the sentences.

A: We already have a lot of knowledge about our topic and we can just write it down.

Caroline

15. 1. What do you like about the “writing”? Style, modes of communication, content, length of posts, language, author’s voice, resources, something else?I liked the videoes on all the blogs.

2. Is there anything you might try to avoid as a blog “writer”? I want to avoid putting my picture.

3. What 5 “tips” will you take from these blogs and use as you build your own blog I will make my blog interesting, dont put a picture of my self, make the blog on my own, dont write to to much and put in a few videos.

I would use my life as an example.

• I am repling to ltd3
      I think that your post could be a little more detailed than you made it but it is very good other than that. And use Complete sentinces.

I think that they ment avoid like overcrowding or not organizing. but i Think its bad to put in any pictures not related

16. I checked out Jaden’s blog, and I had to decide wether his blog was high quality or not.

Q1=What do you like about the “writing”? Style, modes of communication, content, length of posts, language, author’s voice, resources, something else?

With his blog I liked the layout of it. He had a home page, and other pages about his work saved on a tab to look at. I also liked the fact that he made something up that people can participate in. He was very creative coming up with that.

Q2=Is there anything you might try to avoid as a blog “writer”?

I would make sure that my space did not have things that would offend other people or use my space for other things that are not related to school. I want to also make sure that I look before I post because spelling errors can make someone think that you didn’t take your time or its not reliable.

Q3=What 5 “tips” will you take from these blogs and use as you build your own blog?

1. Being creative
    2. Sticking to the topic
    3. Having fun with it
    4 Making it your own and not someone else’s
    5. Liking what your saying before you post

Q4=How might using your Wonder topic help you get started as a blogger?

I think my wonder is fun, so when I’m working on it, I experiment with it, and it could help me be a better writer. I think when you do something you really like, it can be fun to work on, so when I branch off and start other things, there going to be interesting.

Layla

17. 1.I liked that they all did not do the same thing because then it would just get boring. I also like how jarod`s blog had lot`s of video but jake`s blog had a lot writing and his was more of a journal. Miriam`s blog had alot of pictures but then gemma`s blog had a lot of widgets and then jaden`s had a lot alot of everything.

2. As a blog writer i might want to try not to use repation and make beginings that the reader catches on to and keep it that way the whole time and not wonder off of the main topic in the middle. I also wanna try not make anything boring and put lot`s of cool pictures, entrys and videos.

3. The 5 tips i will take to build my blog would be make the titles intresting,post pictures of me more then pictures off the internet, put cool entrys, put fun activities on it and put videos.

4. My wonder would help because it would give me something to talk about because since i have reserched it i know a lot on it so i could write about the cool facts.

18. What i liked about the writing style was it was normally organized on different pages.

i would avoid putting my last name on one of my peices.

tips i would use are think as someone else while reading it over and stay organized

useing my wonder topic would get me started by having my first peice done.

19. What do you like about the writing style, modes of communication, content, length of posts, language, authors voice, resources, something else-I liked how they didn’t get off topic all they talked about was them, I liked how they all where organized and had all subjects at the top, the content like I said they didn’t get off topic and it was great, the length may need to get a little shortened at the main pages, I think they mostly spoke my language when they talked at all pages, they really said their opinions on most things, I do think that they should put their resources on the top as a tab

Is their anything you would avoid being a blogger – I would try to avoid getting off topic

What 5 tips will you get out of these sites-
    They stay organized and puts subjects at the top
    They put the wyq as the main page That may be good
    Putting great links on there
    Putting things I recommend on there
    Personalizing it so it is easy to understand

How will using your whats your question help you start your blog- that is what I can talk about first and start off with

20. I looked at all of the blogs and most of them were pretty good. some did not catch my attenstion as well as others did. Some of the blogs were to busy and had to much stuff on them. Some of the words were in a neion color that hurt my eyes. I wish if the blogger would have used a less bright color and a difforent font so if they wanted that to be a key word then people could actuly read it. The content on the pages were O.K writing it really did’nt change me. I think that if they wanted to catch my attention they should use depth in there writing so that it goes to the next levle. Also NONE of them had a topic it was all mixed matched. I would have a topic for my blog. I would also have interesting and eye-popping but not to eye-popping stuff. It would be nice to have a blog with my group and they agree because we can all work together like we have been doing this whole time. If I had my own blog it would be cool if I could connect it with the other people in my group then we can share and colaborate info. My blog would be pleasing to all audiences. It would be really good so good that people would want to tell there friends and it would be a green light sight for all bloggers and there friends.

Anna C

21. 1.What do you like about the “writing”? Style, modes of communication, content, length of posts, language, author’s voice, resources, something else?

I liked that that each of the writers had a diffent topic or style of writing. I also liked that they posted videos and other fun stuff to the site. I think it shows what they like and how they are unique from one another. When I read each post, they were all detailed but weren’t over the top and they used “kid words”!

I would avoid giving away personal info about myself away or talking about other people because they can see the blog too and it is not nice. I would also like to avoid going ON and ON during a post!

3.What 5 “tips” will you take from these blogs and use as you build your own blog
    1.Use eye catching titles and write about good topics
    2.Make sure I do my best writing on each blog post
    3.Make sure I spell words right and use grammer properly
    4.Make sure I do not put my personal info in ANY posts.
    5.Make sure I choose intersing topics and words to write about (a topic i know a lot about and that would interst others, too!)

I would use it to build on my blog and with that one wonder, I could draw in the attention of other kids.

22. 1.What do you like about the “writing”? Style, modes of communication, content, length of posts, language, author’s voice, resources, something else?

A= I looked at Jaden’s blog and I liked that his post were short and at the end of most of there is always questions at the end of the post so I liked that. He uses good word choices and I think that he did a very good job on his blog and it is really cool that he has picture’s and a mascot. I really like his writing blog and how he writes.

A= I think that he shouldn’t put that much information about him self. Because there are internet predaders out there and I think to pretect your self he should not put all of that infor mation about himself on his blog. I am not saying it is bad beacuse his website isn’t it is good but you should just not put that muh information about himslef.

I will be sure to post often on my blog and add a question each time I post a coment and I will have fun games posted on the side of my wall for then people who look at my blog can be entertained.

I can make fun games about learning and helping tigers and I have a fun topic what will keep my motivated.

Lauren C is posting to Jaden

23. Gemma

I like that she keep me interested to read more by putting colors in the fonts and also things on the side made me interested.

You should avoid getting off topic. This is not a personal blog so don’t tell them about your trip to Florida or all the presents you got.

1.Stay on Topic
    2.Use something unique to grab reader’s attention
    3.Stay Organized by making tabs for different topics
    4.Introduce yourself as a person so people know what you like to write about.
    5.Have fun! Have fun creating your blog with different colors and fonts

We already have knowledge about this topic so if we record our data that will get us started,

Talia

24. They were very detailed about the subject they were talking about
    I like how it wasn’t just some boring subject.
    They did catch my attention .
    They did have picture but it wasn’t about the subject
    But it was still interesting to look at. The videos were good . I liked how they designed their blog it looked very cool. There topics really interst me it is interesting about school out and hot day on Florida it really got my attention . They were very nice .
    Caroline p

25. I like how most of them added lots of detail and fun facts to make their posts big and entertaining. Some of them had no errors and neat writing that would want to make me listen to them if we were talking in person. Their content included lots of stuff that was not only about school, but home activities too!
    I might try to avoid making lots of big, bold things on the side because they look like ads. That could make my blog look unappealing. I might also avoid any spelling or grammar mistakes, because it doesn’t give off a good impression and it could be difficult to read.
    Tips to SUCCESS:
    1. Make your writing vibrant and fun to read
    2. Make it a blog you would want to read all day if it wasn’t your own.
    3. Avoid making spelling or grammar mistakes.
    4. Make it neat and pretty.
    5. Make sure the colors aren’t overwhelming and make sure they go together (bad color contrast makes it so that many viewers can not read the website).
    My wonder topic could help me get started as a blogger, because it is a real issue and I could help fix the issue by making more people aware of what is happening.

26. When i was reading and looking around i saw that she is from Europe and i think that Gemma is either in middle school or high school. i also learned we’ll reading that in England i think they have different schools out times because she just got out of school for th ewhole entire year. Maybe all blogs are different but i think that maybe if you actually and if your in any grade that you can make a blog. like Jayden for example he is in third grade gemma is in sixth grade i think so you would probably get it how any age can make a blog.

27. Over looking the blogs, I think they were pretty good. I also think some were a little over the top though with ads and flashing pictures. This was especially true with Gemma’s and Jarrod’s blogs. I really liked Jake’s because he made it easy to understand and not very flashy like most of them.

28. 1. I liked your word choice and the way your pictures matched the typing that was creative
    2. try to avoid giving away non useful information
    3. be creative, give helpful info, always be clear, dont fool around with your writting, and always site your sources
    4. wonders lead to further thinking and typing

29. 1.What do you like about the “writing”? Style, modes of communication, content, length of posts, language, author’s voice, resources, something else?
    Some of the writing was okay. A couple of the blogs, I found didn’t pull me in as some of the other ones.

Yes, I want to avoid being boring and not grabbing my readers attention. I want to find crediable information so my readers can count on me for a topic.

1. Grab my readers attention.
    2. Get only useful info.
    3. Get good pictures
    4. Make sure I spellcheck
    5. Don’t put anything like personal info.

4. 4.How might using your Wonder topic help you get started as a blogger?
    Since it is just a starter I can share my thoughts and get ready to get another blog and share my thoughts even more and I will be more experiensed.
    Maggie

30. 1. What do you like about the “writing”? Style, modes of communication, content, length of posts, language, author’s voice, resources, something else?

i like the writing because it dose not look mesy at all

2. What would you want to avoid on your new blog?

I will want to avoid advertisements and i will avoid people that i don’t like and they are not good people that aren’t saying good things about my new blog.

3. Write down 5 tip’s that your would want on your blog that you learned from other people.

4. How might your wonder help you start your blog?

It will help me start my blog because i will know what to say when i first start.

1. Tell some of my story’s
    2. Put a couple of picture’s
    3. Keep it interesting
    4. Put a couple of voki’s
    5. Don’t put to much information

Shannon

31. 1)Just the fact that their posts are interesting and attention- grabbing, along with all of the descriptions and the pictures, most of these were very good posts. There was one thing that I didn’t like. Some of the posts were long, and made me not want to read them.

2)When you are creating blogs, you always want to have enough information. While it is important to never have a very long and dragging on post, you still want to have enough information.

3) 1:Always keep stuff interesting
    2:Never drag on and on while posting
    3:Plan out what you are going to say
    4:Look over what you post
    5:Be polite, and don’t tear down others

4)If you use your wonder topic to get started, you can branch out to different topics, just as you would while researching info. You could also use the blog explicitly for recording information, but it would be less like a blog.

-Robert

32. 1. How might using your Wonder topic help you get started as a blogger?

I think using the wonder topic will help me as a blogger and a writer. I would love to have a different way to share my writing all across the world, and it would be a good experience for me. I would not post any personal information, add inappropriate pictures, text, or videos. I will do my best to make my blog entertaining and interesting, and I will only add useful information.
    2. What do you like about the “writing”? Style, modes of communication, content, length of posts, language, and author’s voice, resources, something else?

I like the style of Jaden’s awesome blog. He had a really good idea to make the ultimate blogging challenge. It was fun, yet professional and school appropriate and interesting. It was a cool way to take a survey and collect data.
    3. Is there anything you might try to avoid as a blog “writer”?

I will try to avoid becoming unorganized and boring. I will avoid grammar mistakes in my writing and I will revise with at least 2 people before I post. I also want to avoid putting un helpful links on my blog, and I will try to stay on topic during my writing process.
    4. What 5 “tips” will you take from these blogs and use as you build your own blog?

• I will only use helpful information
    • I will not post any personal info.
    • I will keep my blog organized while I develop it
    • I will be sure to site my sources for everything
    • I will only put down school appropriate things on my blog

33. I liked how every kid put at least 1 vedio explaining there main topic and to make not so boring. I also like how 1 or 2 kids put really eye catching titles to catch there readers attention and that is what i want to do on my blog so it is not so boring.The one thing that a few of the kids did that was not the best thing to do is when they got off topic and started to talk about different things and just gave up and have not worked on it since summer. I thought most of the kids did a pretty good job but they need a little work and they could make it a lot better but also after i looked and read the ages it made a little more sense.

34. One thing that i liked about most of the blogs is that they were fun and i could understand what they were saying. I also think that in the posts the writing was meant to be interesting for people to read but in my opinion i don’t really want to hear about somthing that is compleatly not related to anything that i am interested in. That is one of the things that i will try and avoid while writing on a blog because it will make somone try and avoid the blog in the future. One thing that i will take away from these blogs is to try and keep the writing easy to understand and exiting. another thing that i learned from these blogs is to try and be organized with my writing and make the site easy to navigate. My wonder will make it easy to start my blog because i already have a lot to say on the topic and i can even write about what i don’t know. That is what i think about blogging.

35. 1. I like Most of the blogs have details and a movie or two. I also like how Jarrod’s blog. He put a lot off movies some about his life some of tips and some for Christmas.

2.Don’t give bad information you want well and your best work.

3. Get the readers attention
    Good information
    Make sure you have correct spelling and punctuation
    Make sure it is your best work
    But word that are not confusing

4. I will you my learning journal because I already have information on my topic. I am already interested in my work I have so far so I think it might be easy to begin with.
    Bear

36. 1. What do you like about the “writing”? Style, modes of communication, content, length of posts, language, author’s voice, resources, something else?

I like how the headers caught your attention and brought you in to read the story.

I might try to avoid not using proper grammar and spelling.

1. Use cool headings to draw the readers attention.

2. Focus on your wonder not someone elses.

3. Don’t use font that’s hard to read.

4. add pictures, music, video’s, ect to keep the reader interested.

5. Write interesting stories.

It helps because you already have a topic to right about.

4.

37. What I liked about the writing is that it looked like the kids where passionit about there writing. The modes of communication that really got me interested in logs where the videos. Instead of just doing casual writing they used people and things from there everyday life to spice things up on the blog. The content was detailed enough to picture it in my head. The length of the posts were reasonable, some were too breef.

I would try to avoid not havering enough detail and getting the reader bored and not finish reading my post.

5 tips:
    1. Put interesting details to grab the readers attention
    2. Do NOT put my face on the blog so stalkers will not try to find me.
    3. Put exiting things on the blog
    4. Make it orderly and neat
    5. Do not put any very personal information like were I live or what I look like

My wonder will help me start a blog because I looked at the what’s your question page as a blog it’s self. You need to manage, cut and update the page. You also need to put something new into he picture so the viewer will not get bored. And, we will know what we will be doing. OH YEAH Cook/ Wilkie

Jack C

38. Is there anything you might try to avoid as a blog writer?
    I will try to avoid copying off other peoples blogs and also use my own words. This means I won’t copy a website’s information instead use that information and put it into my own words.
    How might you use your wonder topic to help you get started as a blogger?
    I will use that topic as my blog. I will write all about it but then when I get really good at blogging I will still add to that topic but focus on other things on my blog to.
    What five tips will you take from these blogs and use as you build your blog?
    1. I will have fun things on my blog. For example YouTube videos and I may even create a fun page, like they did on there blogs.
    2. I am going to have links on my blog to other pages with information on it. From them there other links were language arts and science or something.
    3. I am going to have pictures. For them it was fun pictures or pictures there in.
    4.I will make sure my information is accurate not a bunch of nonsense. like for the other kids blogs the stories they wrote on there blog were true life stories.
    5.I will make sure nothing is inoproppiate. I won’t write anything bad or show anything not right. Like when they made there blogs they had nothing bad on them
    What do you think about the writing?
    I think the writing on the blogs were good. Nothing was great but they tried there hardest. The Stamford were also pretty interesting and I liked them. I have to say some of the blogs were cheesy and so-so but that is what they like and you can’t take that away from them.

Bella

39. Blogging, Why Bother-

I read Gemma’s blog and I really enjoyed it. I also really liked the style of this blog. Gemma’s posts weren’t too long but they weren’t just a sentence. She used pictures to make the blog more impressive. I liked how she also sometimes posted videos along with her posts.

I think that out of all the things to avoid as a blogger, the most important things are not making very long posts and making the blog easy to understand. When people make long posts, it can get very boring. People just want to get a short over view on your topic, they aren’t there to read a novel. The other things that I think that bloggers should avoid is making the blogs hard to understand and try to stop referring to previous posts. I think that this is important because people of all ages read blogs. If you use big words or terms that very few people know, others will have a hard time understanding it. This can often discourage people to read your blog, so watch out. You also may not want to try not to refer to previous posts because this can be very annoying. You get new readers everyday and they probably don’t want to go back to look at old posts. Even just rereading your posts once before you post them can make a huge difference for you and your readers.

The five tips that I will take from these blogs:

1. Be as interactive as you can with your readers
    (Jaden’s Awesome Blog)
    2. Put up pictures and videos to help others understand what I am talking about
    3. Keep my posts short and precise
    4. Write posts that are fun and helpful
    5. Grab the readers attention

I think that using my “wonder” topic can help me get started as a blogger because it gives me a topic that I am interested in and pretty well educated on to start writing about.

40. 1. What connections did you make to your own learning experiences?
    The connections I made to my learning expirences are that challenges can sometimes make it more fun, and then you know how to face your old challenges and are preparedfor new ones.
    2. What connections did you make to the experiences you’ve had teaching others?
    I have taught my sister many things that I have learned in my previous years. How to use the things I used when I was her age.
    3.This video was intended to move the thinking of educators. What did you take away from it?
    I thought that if I were one day to become a teacher, I should teach in different ways. Have lots of things open to my learners. And as I learn things from thoses Learners, I could teach other educators.
    – HAT2